Mrs. Gaspich - 2A
Welcome To Second Grade
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to Second Grade! We are looking forward to being your teachers. There are many exciting things planned for this year.
- In religion, we will learn about our relationship with God. We will prepare for and receive the Sacraments of Penance and First Holy Communion. We will learn about the parts of the mass in preparation for our May Crowning Mass, which is a dedication to our love for Mary.
- Our reading series is filled with many fun and exciting stories. We will practice and improve your fluency and comprehension skills. We will work on our independent learning skills and stamina through our Daily 5 center activities. Our reading skills will be enhanced through our guided reading center.
- Our math program will help you advance your addition and subtraction skills as well as practice money, time, measurement, geometry, multiplication, and fractions. It is very important that you memorize your addition and subtraction facts to 18 over the summer. We are requesting all second grade students complete four hours of math skills practice using IXL.com. (Students know their username and password from first grade. It can also be found in the back of their first grade homework journal.)
- In science and social studies, we will explore plants, animals, Earth and its resources, weather, energy, motion, sound, map skills, our community, and our government. We will also visit our STEM Lab for some fun and educational experiments.
- All incoming second grade students are required to read a minimum of two books of their choice over the summer. Additionally, we request all second grade students complete two hours of IXL.com Language Arts skills practice.
You may bring a snack and a drink to school on the first day (no glass bottles, please).
Enjoy your summer and stay safe! We look forward to seeing you in September.
Your Second Grade Teachers,
Mrs. Kathi Gaspich and Mrs. Diana Gracia
Here is a list of the supplies you will need for second grade:
24 pack of crayons (nothing larger, please) scissors
3 large glue sticks *theme tablets
3 X 5 index cards (3 packs) *pencil case
2 two-pocket folders *Blue Jay folder
pencils (at least 6 sharpened each Monday) *assignment pad
3 jumbo Book Sox *seat sack (for new students only)
1 pair of earbuds/earphones (must be iPad compatible). Please label and put in a baggie.
*Items marked with an asterisk are purchased through the school. You will receive a notice regarding the fee for these items in the fall.