|Faculty & Staff|
Mrs. Gracia - 2B
Welcome To Second Grade
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to Second Grade! We are looking forward to being your teachers. There are many exciting things planned for this year.
● In religion, we will learn about our relationship with God. We will prepare for and receive the Sacraments of Penance and First Holy Communion. We will learn about the parts of the mass in preparation for our May Crowning Mass, which is a dedication to our love for Mary.
● Our reading series is filled with many fun and exciting stories. We will practice and improve your fluency and comprehension skills. We will work on our independent learning skills and stamina through our Daily 5 center activities. Our reading skills will be enhanced through our guided reading center.
● Our math program will help you advance your addition and subtraction skills as well as practice money, time, measurement, geometry, multiplication, and fractions. It is very important that you memorize your addition and subtraction facts to 18 over the summer.
We are requesting all second grade students complete four summer hours of math skills practice using IXL.com. (Students know their username and password from first grade. It can also be found in the back of their first grade homework journal.)
● In science and social studies, we will explore plants, animals, Earth and its resources, weather, energy, motion, sound, map skills, our community, and our government. We will also visit our STEM Lab for some fun and educational experiments.
● All incoming second grade students are required to read a minimum of two books of their choice over the summer. Additionally, we request all second grade students complete two summer hours of IXL.com Language Arts skills practice. Please have your child bring the books to school with them on the first day.
You may bring a snack and a drink to school on the first day (no glass bottles, please). Enjoy your summer and stay safe! We look forward to seeing you in September. Your Second Grade Teachers,
Mrs. Diana Gracia and Mrs. Kathi Gaspich
Here is a list of the supplies you will need for second grade:
24 pack of crayons (nothing larger, please) scissors
3 large glue sticks Colored Pencils
3 X 5 index cards (2 packs/white/lined) 3 jumbo Book Sox
2 two-pocket folders 4 Expo dry erase markers 8oz hand sanitizer bottle 1 square box of tissues (not rectangular) 1 package/container antibacterial wipes pencils (at least 6 sharpened every Monday)
*Theme tablets *pencil case
*assignment pad *Blue Jay Folder *seat sack (for new students only)
1 pair of earbuds/earphones (must be iPad compatible) Please label and put in a baggie.
*Items marked with an asterisk are purchased through the school. You will receive a notice in the fall regarding the fee for these items.
We would like to give you advanced information regarding your child’s First Holy Communion and May Crowning masses. First Holy Communion will be held on Saturday, April 29th. May Crowning will be held on Friday, May 5th.
Your child’s presence is required at both masses. We ask that you please be mindful of these events and their dates when making any vacation plans during the 2022/2023 school year.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.