|Faculty & Staff|
Ms. Nemeth - 1A
Welcome To First Grade
Welcome to the third trimester of First Grade. The strides we made both academically and emotionally are remarkable. We are getting ready to become successful Second Graders!
- March 2 Read Across America Day. Crazy Mixed-matched Sock Day!
- March 3 Early Dismissal -12:30 P.M. Dismissal.
- March 5 Early Dismissal - 12:30 P.M and End of 2nd Trimester.
- March 12 Report Cards
- March 17 Happy St. Patrick's Day – Students may dress down in green!
- March 19 Happy St. Joseph's Day!
April 1 Holy Thursday - Early Dismissal 12:30 P.M, no aftercare.
School Closed 4/2/21 through 4/9/21.
School reopens 4/12/21.
• Jesus is our Good Shepherd
• Examination of Conscience
• The Stations of the Cross
• Story of St. Patrick and St. Joseph
• Passion Sunday
• Holy Week
• Celebration of Easter
• Jesus gave us the Gift of Peace
• continue to work on fluency, intonation, comprehension, and expression
• make predictions and identify key ideas
• find text evidence while comparing texts
• cause and effect
• phonic skills such as /ar/, /ur/, /er/, /ir/, /or/
• long I with y, igh, ie
• long e with y and ey
• final e
• compound words
• correct verb tense with see and saw
• inflectional endings
• commas in a series
• contraction review
• adjectives that compare
• adverbs that tell when
• combining sentences
• proper nouns
• writing descriptive sentences
• comparing and ordering length
• indirect measurement
• problem solving- mixed strategies
• using units to estimate and measure lengths
• addition two-digit numbers
• adding ones and tens with dimes and pennies
• adding ones and tens with and without models
• estimating sums to the nearest ten
• multi-step problems solving
• reviewing math facts to 20
• weekly time tests for mastery
• different kinds of weather
• looking at our land and water
• Earth's resources
• caring for resources and how things have changed
• properties of matter
• solids, liquids and gases
• how matter changes
• what makes things move
• what is speed
We are almost there and what a great year this has been. Again, thank you parents for all you do!
The First Grade Teachers