|Faculty & Staff|
Mrs. Daly - 4A
Welcome to Fourth Grade
Dear Fourth Grader:
We have planned many exciting activities for the start of school. We want you to be ready to get started, so we have made a list of supplies that you will need. We also have summer reading and math assignments.
This summer, you are expected to read at least two chapter books
4th Grade Summer Reading List
Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
Who Was Malala Yousafzai by Dinah Brown Or Who Was Thomas Alva Edison by Margaret Frith
Be prepared to take a simple quiz and to complete a book project in class for these 2 books.
Suggested Summer Reading Books for your enjoyment:
Fourth Grade Rats by Jerry Spinelli
A-Z Mysteries: The Absent Author (series) by Ron Roy & John Steven Gurney
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds by David A. Adler (series)
Freckle Juice by Judy Blume
Amber Brown is Not a Crayon (series) by Paula Danzinger
Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (series) by Beverly Cleary
My Weird School: Miss Daisy is Crazy (series) by Dan Gutman
An I Survived book (series) by Lauren Tarshis
A Who Would Win? Book (series) by Jerry Pallotta and Rob Bolster
*If you enjoy a book from a series, why not keep reading other books in the series?! :)
Below is a list of free resources that will allow you to easily read all summer long.
● The Ocean County and Monmouth County Library systems have elibraries that can be accessed using your public library card via free apps called Overdrive and Libby.
● If you do not have a public library card, you can apply for one for free online.
● Storylineonline.net is a great site where celebrities read aloud picture books to kids.
*Remember the best way to keep your reading skills fresh and to make progress as a reader is to read, read, read!
It is also important to practice math skills over the summer. Your 2021 Summer Math Assignment is to sign in to IXL and either click on Recommendations (which is under Learning), or you may go directly to the Diagnostic Arena for a report with IXL skills tailored to your needs.
The only requirement for this summer math assignment is that you must complete a minimum of 4 hours of work on your personal recommendations.
Here is a list of supplies you will need:
• Pencil Case (soft with zipper) Please no hard pencil boxes
• Merriam-Webster Spanish – English Dictionary
• Clear contact paper to cover all soft cover workbooks (3 rolls would be advisable)
*Those marked with an asterisk are to be purchased at St. Dominic School.*
Have a happy, healthy, and safe summer vacation. We are looking forward to meeting you in the fall.
The Fourth Grade Teachers